Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My Humble Abode

I must admit I've been fumbling through this ReMax copy all week trying to think like the target audience and I'm finding it rather difficult. I've never been in the position of having enough income to even think about buying a house (let alone make a "lifestyle change"...unless that includes switching from regular to light cream cheese.) For fun I typed in my price limits on the ReMax online property search just to see how far $8 an hour would get me. Not very far. My search results showed me that with several loans and maybe another job or two on the side, I could be the proud owner of a trailer. And not even one of those nice trailers with flower boxes in the windows and porches with awnings. It was your stereotypical piss-yellow, small-windowed, rusty-hinged, Cletus-don't-make-me-get-the-hose trailer.

Behold, my future.

But I guess it's kind of nice that ReMax even gives listings for us poor folk. We've all gotta live somewhere, I suppose. And I guess ReMax has also given me motivation to work hard and perhaps make more than $8 an hour one day. And if not, hands off that trailer. I saw it first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home