Monday, August 07, 2006

The Old Switcheroo

When I was six, my older brother Chris told me that when people reached the age of ten, they changed genders. He supported his story with elaborate details about his former life as a girl. He showed me a rather feminine-looking cross stitch my mother's friend had made for him when he was born and he claimed that he'd made it right before he went through The Change. He said his name used to be Christina and that it took him over a year to get used to answering to Chris. I cried that day, not because I was afraid of becoming a boy, but because I hated the name Heath.

2 Comments:

Blogger prayformojo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:08 PM  
Blogger prayformojo said...

I seriously do not remember doign that... Heath.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home